Everyone has their own way of getting their words out. Before the age of computers everything was either written by hand or on a typewriter, but with the mulititude of writing programs for your computer, you wonder if handwritten words still exist. Actually, they do. A good portion of writers still hand write their work before typin git up on a computer, including myself. Though younger generations show a decline in the use of handwriting, there are still many benefits to holding the pen, just like there are benefits to using the keyboard instead.
- Better memory
- You can see changes (check out my editing posts)
- Emotions expressed through the shapes of letters
- Notes can be put in margins
- Higher word and page count (You see progress but don’t focus on a number.)
Digital Writing Benefits:
- Faster writing
- Editing is easier since it automatically adjusts.
- You don’t have to worry about losing it in papers.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Creates a better sense of organization.
For myself, I hand write every post before it goes up, mainly because it helps my mind become clear before editing. I am easily distracted when I start getting ideas and it helps to have it all in front of me so I can edit as I transfer.
So what about you? Let me know by trying out the poll below! Want to elaborate on which works for you and why? Please let me know in the comments! I would love to hear from you.